Friday 23 January 2015

Toft Launches Charity Crochet Jungle Challenge

One of my favourite British yarn companies, Toft Alpaca, is on the look out for crochet volunteers and gifts of green wool for its forthcoming charity craft installation.

Kerry Lord with some of her creations
I'm currently on a yarn diet, having reached the point where there's no more room in my house to store all the lovely balls of wool I've collected over the years and keep meaning to use up. The Knitter magazine will be following my progress in knitting up the treasures I've found under the bed - and avoiding buying any more - in a series of columns this year. That's why I found Toft's call for donations of green wool a great chance to purge myself of half-used balls in that hue and also do my bit for charity.

Kerry Lord, founder of the Toft Alpaca Shop, took up crochet whilst pregnant - the result being the successful crochet pattern book Edward's Menagerie, named after her son. Toft's crochet jungle project is aiming to raise money both for Birmingham's Children's Hospital and Noah's Ark Children's Hospice.

So what's the plan? Every Sunday in February anyone and everyone are welcome to go to Toft Alpaca, join in the fun and receive free crochet tuition to help make part of the jungle.

The finished jungle will go on display at The Spring Stitching and Knitting Show in March and then on tour throughout the year.

If you have any spare green wool please send it to:

The Toft Alpaca Shop
Toft Manor
Dunchurch
Rugby
Warwickshire
CV22 6NR

... or bring it with you to one of their Sunday sessions. I can confirm that Toft has a fabulous cafe with cake and hot drinks that go down a treat whilst crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by