Friday 30 January 2015

Knit Your Own Kama Sutra Review

Today Knit Your Own Kama Sutra arrived on my doorstep, wrapped in brown packaging. I won it from the TV Choice competition website and was intrigued to see what I would find within its pages. Would, indeed, its contents make me blush?

It was not to be, although I did laugh at some of the poses ... Let me explain. The book primarily contains a pattern for a man doll and woman doll, with bumps in the right places. When you knit up the dolls you can put pipe cleaners in the limbs to let you move them into whatever position you choose, although in a couple of scenes the dolls seem to have Olympic level gymnastic abilities. Skin colour, hair, eyes etc are customisable, and there are outfits for the dolls to wear in each of the scenarios. Cabin crew outfit for the mile high club? Check. Photocopier to get jiggy on the office? Check.

It's much more reminiscent of a Carry On ... film rather than something steamier. Knit frilly undies or white boxers for your doll, or even a bottle of champagne for them to enjoy in the 'spa scenario'. The book is all good hen night fun, but would anyone actually bother knitting them? My husband would think I'd flipped if I presented him with his and hers kama sutra dolls, having lovingly matched his skin tone and knitted his glasses.

Dare you to ask for it in your local library though ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by